A private tour for groups of 5 or more, dates by appointment
“The Little Train of the North” once brought tourists from Montreal into the Laurentian mountains for skiing and summer vacations. Now that the train is a bike path, it’s the perfect environment for you to explore spectacular scenery and unbelievably good local cuisine. It’s 200km / 125 miles of blissful car-free riding through the Laurentians over four days with an extra day added on to explore Montreal by bike.
Unlike our weekend camping tours, this bike tour is a 7-day/6-night trip staying in hotels and inns. Each stop along the way focuses on amazing local cuisine and beverages that will blow you away, with many interesting sights to explore.
But just like all of our other tours…you will never need a car to get to the ride. This tour has all the details figured out to get you (and your bike) from New York City to Montreal (and back again) for a fantastic ride.
This tour is limited to 10 riders. Because we are staying in hotels, the price per person is lower if you travel with someone else and share a room and/or bed. You can still come alone, however, you would have to pay a higher rate since you’d be getting a room all to yourself.
Note: Amtrak fare to/from Montreal is NOT included in the price because Amtrak won’t deal with us for group rates. So it’s probably cheaper for everyone to book on your own since you can use various discounts like AAA, senior, Amtrak rewards, etc., depending on your situation).
Tour price: $1,900 per person/double occupancy OR $2,350/single occupancy.
What you get:
- Transport of your bike from NYC to Montreal so that you can take the train with our team…or an airplane (or drive) on your own.
- We meet you in Montreal and get you settled in with your bike at a hotel in Montreal.
- Guided day ride of Montreal.
- Transportation from Montreal to the start of the P’Tit Train du Nord bike path of you, your bike and luggage.
- 4 days of riding (approximately 30 miles per day) on the path. (Options to ride additional mileage are available). This is a relatively easy, flat ride since it is 100% rail-trail.
- Transportation back to Montreal at the end of the ride, with another night spent in Montreal.
- Leave for home the next day and we transport your bike back to NYC
- 6 nights total accommodations.
- Most meals included (certain meals are not included to give you flexibility to explore).
Are you coming from somewhere other than NYC, or would you rather drive to the tour? You can absolutely do this! This could also potentially lower the price for you if you drive straight to the P’Tit Train du Nord bike path parking area and skip the Montreal portion of our journey. Contact us for more information.