Bicycle tour trip planning.
For Empire State Trail trip planning click here. For all other bike trips, keep reading.
You already know that you want to go on a bike tour, but maybe you aren’t sure how to put it together. Or perhaps you don’t have the time to sift through website after website trying to figure out how you will get there, what routes you want to ride, where you will stay, what you will eat and how you will get back from the end of the tour.
The nice thing about bicycle touring in New York and New Jersey is that there are lots of options. The problem, however, is trying to figure out your options, or worse, missing out on an option that you didn’t know about. New York is a complicated place, so sometimes it’s not a bad idea to ask for a little help. Plus, as the local saying goes “never pay retail”. Our planning services can help you get that inside track which can actually save you money (depending on the circumstances) in the long run, which makes our tour planning services an excellent value.
Here’s what you get:
- Mapped route of the ride using Ride With GPS, with client review and up to 2 modifications, if necessary. This would allow for turn-by-turn navigation throughout the ride as well as overview maps that describe the highlights of each day and also function as cue sheets that could be printed out. The route can be modified to your preferences, if you want to go through a certain area or town, incorporate a particular attraction (such as a museum or winery) or use roads instead of bike paths, etc.
- Getting there and away. We would give you an array of customized options for getting to the start of your ride with your bike and getting back from the end of your ride with your bike.
- Lodging itinerary. We would devise an itinerary of lodging options that would be spaced at the appropriate intervals.
- Meal options. We would also provide listings of places to eat along the route that would be programmed into the Ride With GPS maps as “points of interest”. This would allow you to stop whenever you wanted along your route for meals and breaks. We would also provide you with restaurant listings for each night of accommodation
- Generalized points of interest (scenic, notable and historic) would also be programmed into Ride With GPS, along with medical attention and bike shops.
- Additional information can be added to your plan based on what you want to do. These are customized plans, made just for you!
The average price for a tour planning package ranges from $250 to $1,200 depending on the level of complexity of your tour. You will receive a logistical plan, maps and itinerary that would be given to you as a deliverable upon completion. The fee includes ample time for phone consultations and email follow-up to allow for collaboration and refinement of your plan to get it exactly how you want it. These are not recycled documents that are “one-size-fits-all”. We take the time to talk to you, find out what you want to do, write your plan and then make changes if you ask us to. Contact us to get started.